Visit our WEBSITE at www.HipBargainChick.com!!!!!!!!!

Follow HipBargainChick on Twitter!!!!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Tip #2 - Intro. to Resale Stores

Thrift Stores, Consignment Stores, Salvation Army, Goodwill.... I will be making MANY postings about these stores in the future.  They hold a plethora of fabulous findings.

Today, to keep my blog from becoming a book, I will only be introducing these stores.

I have been shopping Salvation Army for years.  When I lived in Rochester (growing up), I would shop at the one nearest the affluent areas.  (yes, I have been a bargain shopper since adolescence AND I managed to get  voted 'Best Dressed' in High school... I only mention it to give me some credibility that I didn't look like a homeless person).  And I digress....

For those of you who live near me in Northern Virginia, I shop at the NEW Salvation Army on Balls Ford Road.  And, just so I can get the BEST deal, I only shop on Wednesday's when they have 25% off Customer Appreciation Day!  I have a girlfriend who is trying to change her spending habits due to a reduction in income.  She went to Salvation Army (on a Wednesday, of course) and found a fabulous pair of boots for $13 - plus 25% off!  She was SOOO excited... I think she's hooked... and I am SOOO proud of her!  I just got a call from another girlfriend who went this past Wednesday - she found an expensive red leather purse and Nine West boots.  The excitement from finding a a fabulous bargain is exhilarating!!!

I have to give a shout-out to Stuff Consignments in Gainesville (next to Sport & Health).  I was in there today to use my $5.00 off of $25 purchase coupon (found in Premier Mag, Incentives, Mailer).  Found a red leather purse for fall/winter, a New York Company plaid tote (tags still on), and a pair of Children Place (adjustable waist) skinny jeans for my 8 year old... all for a whopping $24.62.  They have 'tag' sales all the time - so I got an extra 25% off!

To find a store in your area or where you may travel:
National Association Resale Professionals Store Search

I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FABULOUS FINDS!!!  Talk to me, ladies!

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS TO SHARE?!?!

Happy Shopping - Hip Bargain Chick

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a fab find here in Pentagon City,everything seems sky rocketing..but i loved the stuff Ann Taylor has..haven't shopped there yet though...but I wanna say, that I LOVE YOUR BLOG...I should blog too,though wonder about what;lol!Will check for Salvation Army..the bargains sound amazing.I guess even on a regular day it might not be so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES! I luv Stuff Consignments and GREAT one for mommies-- Little Lords and Ladies in Chantilly. All reallly nice clothes for kids. I buy all Bellas clothes there (she is about to turn 3!) It is the best place to shop!
    I love theblog and you have inspired me to get back on mine!

    ReplyDelete