Visit our WEBSITE at www.HipBargainChick.com!!!!!!!!!

Follow HipBargainChick on Twitter!!!!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Tip #79: Hip Bargain Chick Travels to NYC

It has been a week since my last Tip and I apologize.  Last week was frenzied with preparations for my girl weekend getaway to the Big Apple.  A special thank you to my Le Moyne College girls for making it so much fun!  Helene, you will always be the best 'Julie, Cruise Director' :)

Lots of people watching (and walking - my feet were telling me we walked most of Manhattan).  It was a beautiful day in the city and we saw a lot of Maxi dresses with scarves.  Gladiator sandals were definitely out in force.   Horizontal stripes were on shirts and dresses.

With 6 of us girls embarking on a 1 day trip into the city, it was hard to decide on where to go.  But, I did get to walk into a few thrift shops in the East Village.  The prices were higher, but there were definitely more designer vintage clothing.  I didn't buy anything.... didn't find anything worth lugging around the city with me all day and all night.

The BEST DEAL of the trip was the bus fare.... my girlfriend and I traveled on the Tripper bus (www.tripperbus.com).  She paid $8 for her round trip ticket ($1 going and $5 coming home with $1 convenience charge per way) and I paid $13 ($10 going and $1 coming home with the convenience charge).  At exactly 2 months from the day you want to travel, the tripper bus offers fares from $1.  The cost increases as more people buy until it hits the maximum price of $25 each way.  Comfy seats, electrical outlets and WiFi made the trip easy and uneventful.

I am DEFINITELY heading to NYC more often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment