Visit our WEBSITE at www.HipBargainChick.com!!!!!!!!!

Follow HipBargainChick on Twitter!!!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tip #45: STAPLE #A - JEANS

First, I want to thank the MOPS girls at Kirkwood Presbytarian in Springfield for being so welcoming and wonderful this morning.  I had such a great time talking to your group and I learned some valuable tips myself... thank you!!!


One of the questions asked this morning was, "What are the staples that you must have in your closet?"  I could speak in length about each one of the staples, so today I will only address one... JEANS!!!


Everyone needs a pair of 'go-to' jeans.  The kind of jeans you can grab and wear with anything.  Once we find 'the pair', we are so happy.  But, finding that one special pair can be very daunting.


Here are some tips:
  1. JUST go shopping for jeans - nothing else.  Jean shopping can be overwhelming with sizes, brands, styles, washes.  You are going to need a good meal and an honest friend to go with you.  
  2. Wear shoes that are easy to get on and off!
  3. Wear a shirt that you would typically wear with a pair of jeans. This is important for fit (especially for hiding those trouble areas)
  4. Refer to Tip #10 and Tip #32 for more information on jean trends and Levi 512's.
  5. I wouldn't be the Hip Bargain Chick if I didn't say WHERE to buy a BARGAIN pair of jeans... try consignment stores (like Chic Envy in Fairfax, Plato's Closet in Chantilly, Classy Consignments and E C's Closet (in Burke/Springfield) or Salvation Army.
    • Jeans are broken in
    • Designer brands for cheaper (True Religion, 7 For All Mankind, CABI, etc.)
    • Lots of selection in 1 spot
I had a Mom (who just had her fourth child and looks fabulous) mention this morning that her favorite pair of jeans are the Old Navy Dreamer Jeans.  I haven't tried them on yet, but the on-line reviews are good.  

Old Navy Dreamer Boot Cut Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment