Visit our WEBSITE at www.HipBargainChick.com!!!!!!!!!

Follow HipBargainChick on Twitter!!!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tip #11 - Dollar Stores

Important to Note when shopping Dollar Stores:
  • Not ALL Dollar Stores are created equal.  Be careful that the Dollar store is in fact a place where EVERYTHING is a dollar.
  • If you consistently use grocery coupons, dollar stores may not have the best deals on certain items. 
  • BE CAREFUL - those dollars add up quick!!!
Good bargains at Dollar Stores:
  1. Cleaning supplies (like sponges)
  2. Chips (depending on the size of bag)
  3. Greeting Cards
  4. Spices (Got a HUGE bottle of Cinnamon and Ginger there the other day)
  5. Seasonal Items (like Christmas ornaments)
  6. Tin Foil containers (the ones you use to bring meals to people)


Is there an item(s) that you always buy at Dollar Stores?
LET ME KNOW!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Dollar Tree (a TRUE dollar store!). I buy wrapping paper, gift bags & craft supplies (for those rainy days with the kids) there. The greeting cards have gotten tons better, too, and for 50 cents a piece, I don't mind sending all of our relatives "personalized" (to aunt, uncle, great-grandmother, etc) cards at every holiday! I also buy the "big" utensils there, especially if I'm taking a dish to pass someplace. I will typically get one of the big plastic serving bowls (from the wedding section) and a serving spoon, that way, if I leave the dish and the utensil, I'm only out $2.

    I love your blog, Sheri...now I've got the bargain part of it...now to be a hip chick :-)

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES - The wedding section is great to buy the silver serving platters! You can put them in the dishwasher! Thanks so much, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete