Visit our WEBSITE at www.HipBargainChick.com!!!!!!!!!

Follow HipBargainChick on Twitter!!!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tip #24: Shopping my Closet... Outfit #1

This is the first of a "How to Shop Your Closet" series...

I rarely throw clothes away.  Yes, that goes against all the advice.  Have you ever heard the phrase "80% of people only wear 20% of their closet"?  That may be true, but I WILL wear the other 80% another season(s)!!

I was at Salvation Army this summer and stumbled upon these grey pants.  They are comfy, polyester pants.  I knew I would be wearing something long over the top, so I didn't have to worry that they fit well, I just had to like the leg.  I love these type of pants because they are so comfortable, you can wad them up in a ball and they won't wrinkle - great for traveling.  Pants = $2.00

I didn't wear the pants for awhile.  Then I found this tunic shirt at Plato's Closet in Centerville, VA (a great 2nd hand store!) and knew I could wear it with theses pants or skinny jeans (dress it up or down) - a very versatile piece.  Tunic Shirt = $7.00

Belts are definitely the trend right now.  This belt came as part of another outfit.  Putting the belt high on the waist makes your legs look long.  Placing the belt low would look less polished, but definitely hip.  Belt = $0.00

Earrings and ring I bought at Forever 21 several seasons ago. I look for round earrings since I have a long, narrow face.
Jewelry = $6.50

My boots!  Love these!  Got them 2 years ago at Aerosoles - end of season (February - I do most of my winter shopping in February) .... $15.00!  They are SO comfy.

A COMPLETE WINTER OUTFIT FOR $30.50!!!

Any questions? - Hip Bargain Chick


2 comments:

  1. This totally helped me find an outfit for my work Christmas party! Thanks Sheri! You are awesome! Keep the ideas coming!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete