Visit our WEBSITE at www.HipBargainChick.com!!!!!!!!!

Follow HipBargainChick on Twitter!!!!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Tip #29: My Dining Room

Was decorating my dining room for Xmas and realized that everything I had bought was a deal!!  So, I had to tell you about it...

Has anyone had the good fortune of hitting Target right after Xmas for their 75% off sale?  I hit is just right last year and got 3 tablecloths for under $4 each - including the one shown.  Of course, my table is longer than the tablecloth (oops!). I had gotten red velvet pillow case covers at an estate sale years ago.  I cut them along the seam to make a long strip.  I usually use these as a tree skirt, but this year I used the other tablecloth as a tree skirt and the red velvet pieces to line the end of my table.

The end chair (I have 2) were bought at a consignment store for $20 each.  I have to admit my dining room chairs were not a great deal, but a good deal at $60 a chair - brand new (in the clearance center of a huge furniture store).

The chandelier was once the gross brass lighting fixture the builders put in.  Kai (my husband) spray painted it.  I am still looking for some glass sconces to finish off the look of the chandelier, but the greenery looks nice at Xmas.  And the bulbs were bought at Target last year.

I buy Xmas cards, lights, wreaths, bulbs, ornaments (for exchanges), cookie plates... right after Xmas for the following year.


- Hip Bargain Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment